Red palm oil for healthy hair

Forget hair revitalising shampoos. Proper nutrition is the most effective way to grow a headful of lustrous hair!

Your hair receives nutrition from the bloodstream through the papilla. If you fast unnecessarily or go on a crash diet without the doctor's supervision, you might end up losing your crown of glory instead.

Water: Water makes up 25% of the weight of a strand of hair. So drink up!! Water hydrates your body and helps keep your hair silky and shiny. Ideally, you should drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Protein: Protein is the building block of hair. A protein rich diet reduces the likelihood of hair splits. Eat moderate amount of fish, meat, milk, cheese and cereals.

Minerals: Iron helps to carry oxygen to the hair. If there is too little iron in your blood, oxygen-starved hair follicles will just fall off. So, don't skim on red meat and dark green vegetables. Zinc, found abundantly in seafoods, builds hair protein and helps prevent hair loss. Copper colours our hair naturally, so, help youself to a generous serving of shellfish, liver, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds and meat.

Vitamins: Fat soluble vitamins A & E are essential to nourishing the hair roots and a healthy scalp! Red palm oil, packed with anti-oxidants, is the richest food source of carotenes and tocotrienols.

6 Responses to Red palm oil for healthy hair

  1. I read that virgin coconut oil is good for skin and hair health. Is red palm oil more nutritious than virgin coconut oil?

  2. palm oil insider 11 June 2009 at 17:16

    since red palm oil is very rich in tocotrienols,
    it could well be very good for your skin and hair
    health. It was already reported elsewhere that suitable supplementation of TOCOVID Tocotrienol rich Vitamin E will not only prevent premature hair loss, but in fact restore bald hair i.e hair
    starts to re-grow on bald patches after some weeks of supplementation.
    I myself have switched to Tocotrienol from Tocopherol for 1 1/2 months now, and I start noticing the "old man's patch" on my forehead slowly smoothen out and disappearing...
    You are highly recommended to try out yourself Madam. If applying Red palm oil to your skin and hair will to improve their health, please share with the rest of us. Thanks.

  3. I found quarts of red palm oil at www.rainforestmkt.com for $19.95. From what I have read and heard it is the healthiest vegetable oil available anywhere. It is "Organic red palm oil is free of cholesterol and trans-fatty acids. Rich source of phytonutrients such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, vitamin E tocotrienols and lycopene, for nutrition and health.These carotenoids are responsible for the striking red colour of the oil".

  4. What advantageous red palm oil it is! It contains of proper nutrition that is good for hair. I'll try using it for getting the beautiful and healthy hair.

  5. Wow, this is my first time hearing about red palm oil. I should recommend this oil to my wife. She always uses hair product with coconut or aloe vera.

    Red palm oil has many functions for the body. However, does it have negative effect to our body? Just want to ensure the safety.

  6. I live in Kuala Lumpur. Glad to read your article, however where to buy? I have been using coconut oil and argan oil on my hair, but the climate is so hot that my colored blond hair is turning to dry, brittle, not to nice hair. I want to restore my pretty colored hair, so can you tell me where I could find this oil?
    Thanks!
    Roz

Leave a Reply